Saturday, September 5, 2015

SWATCH: SALLY HANSEN "BLUE ME AWAY!"


Hey everyone! So one nail polish color that I am kind of obsessed with at the moment is Sally Hansen's Blue Me Away! because it's such a shiny, smooth, sky blue that no one should ever have to live without! I paid about $3.49 for a bottle of this nail polish from Walgreens. This particular line from Sally Hansen (Hard as Nails) isn't at all expensive yet it has great quality and great color pay off! 

I applied two coats of the polish to my nails. One thick coat is definitely enough because this is kind of a really opaque color, however, obviously, if you slather it on your nails the dry time will be way longer than if you were to take your time and apply two thin, even coats. 

On my ring finger I used black and white nail polish to create clouds in the sky - the blue nail polish was the perfect canvas for this! I actually use this design in a future post - I won't completely give it away, but let's just say that it had me buzzing happily with the results! 

This shade of blue is definitely a perfect sky blue. It isn't super light but also not super dark, which is great because sometimes a lot of the nail polishes I own are either really light and sheer or pretty dark and heavy - this is a great balance! 

This color is definitely amazing enough for you to wear plain on your nails but you can definitely spice it up a little with an accent nail like I did. This color is one of the very few colors I decided to take back to college with me. I dorm on campus and I didn't want to have a ton of stuff lying around my room like I did last year so I was extremely selective with many things, including nail polish, and I'm glad that this color made it past my "screening" process! 

Wear this color to add some coolness to any daytime outfit. People will probably feel calm just by looking at your nails! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment