Thursday, September 10, 2015

6 REASONS WHY NOT WEARING EYE MAKEUP FEELS GREAT!


If you know me, you probably know that I’m never not wearing my eyeliner-mascara combo. Like many other college girls on campus, I rock my winged liner to class daily, complete with enough mascara to give me jumbo eyelashes. Maybe I’ll wear a some eyeshadow here and there - maybe. Today I decided that my eyes should go naked for a change and that change was quite pleasant! Here are some reasons that might make you consider giving the eyeliner a break for the day: 

1. YOU CAN TOUCH YOUR EYES FREELY
This is a major plus if it’s allergy season and your eyes are itching like crazy! Throughout the day if I felt the need to rub my eye, I didn’t have to worry about smudging my eyeliner because I wasn’t wearing any! We’ve probably all been there at some point during our makeup journeys - we have to touch our eyes for whatever reason but we have to be extra cautious (and extra annoyed) with it because we don’t want to ruin our eye makeup. Not today! 

2. YOU FEEL LESS CONCERNED WITH HOW YOU LOOK
This was interesting for me because I usually tend to wear a lot of makeup and my college life basically consists of people seeing me in eye makeup all the time. Girls who tend to do the same thing might be inclined to feel a little insecure without it, however, I didn’t once wonder how good or bad I looked today. My looks were so far out of my head since I didn’t have to wonder if my eyeliner still looked a flawless as it did when I first applied it. 

3. YOU DON’T WASTE TIME MAKING SURE YOUR MASCARA DOESN’T CLUMP
Mascara can trick us all from time to time. One day you might get the perfect application, complete with the right amounts of length, volume, and curl and then somedays you might mess up slightly and end up with clumpy eyelashes. I doubt most girls are a fan of their mascara making their eyelashes look like giant spider legs and de-clumping can be a real pain in the butt!

4. NO CREASING, NO PROBLEM
Sometimes when we wear eyeshadow it tends to crease after a while, which ends up making our masterpieces look unclean and the opposite of pretty - a disgrace to our amazing makeup skills! Whatever gorgeously wild color combination you might have played with barely stood a chance. Creasing can be one of your worst enemies when you’re rocking eyeshadow - it’ll make sure you don’t rock it too long! Without adding eyeshadow, creasing is literally nonexistent. 

5. NO OVERLY-SMOKY EYES
Yes, there IS such a thing as an overly-smoky eye! It’s not intentional of course, but sometimes we just go a little overboard - especially if we’re a bit heavy handed. Smoky eyes can sometimes be tricky to get the hang of, anyway. Luckily, if you’re taking the day off from eye makeup, it won’t matter if you usually fail at smoky eyes (like I do!) Ahhh, a breath of fresh air! 

6. YOU GET AN EVEN EYELINER APPLICATION
The secret is not wearing eyeliner! Have you ever had those mornings where you do perfect eyeliner on one eye and try to recreate that perfection on the other eye and it just doesn’t work? One eye has more eyeliner than the other; one eyeliner wing is longer than the other; one wing is shorter than the other - I could go on and on about the numerous ways in which we mess up on our eyeliner. Opting to not wear eyeliner takes away the eyeliner mistakes for the day. I didn’t have to spend time attempting to fix any of my eyeliner mistakes because there were none to make! 


Winged eyeliner, smoky eyes, colorful eyeshadow, gigantic lashes, and things of the nature are all super pretty but no eye makeup is ALSO pretty! For those days where you throw up your hands in annoyance because you can’t get the winged liner right, or you angrily storm away from your mascara tube because your eyelashes refuse to de-clump, now you have 6 great reasons to feel great about skipping the makeup routine for a day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment