Sunday, September 13, 2015

MAKEUP LOOK: I'M GETTING SUNBURNED


I think it's cool how Wet n' Wild has those nice little eyeshadow trios that tell you wear to apply each color because, let's face it, we can't all be pros at eyeshadow application. I certainly am NOT a pro in any way shape or form, as you can probably tell by my pictures above but I felt that I did a decent enough job to upload it to my blog!

I purchased this trio from Wet n' Wild called I'm Getting Sunburned from Walgreens for about $1.49 which was extremely cheap and Wet n' Wild's products usually aren't bad so I decided to give this trio a shot. The trio has a golden colored eyeshadow which is meant to be applied to the eyelid, a chocolate brown shadow for the crease, and a diluted light pink for the brow bone. All of the colors have a bit of a shimmer to them. Now, I'm not a fan of shimmery eyeshadows because I wear a (heavy) full face foundation everyday and I don't like feeling and looking like I caked on a lot of makeup and shimmer was always something that I felt could enhance my flaws (which I absolutely did not want!) and add to that "makeup overload" kind of look so I always avoided it even when it looked amazing on other people, though, I bought this trio anyway because I was attracted to the gold and pink.

So the first thing I did was apply an eyeshadow primer. The one I used is from Urban Decay's original formula. I took my ELF Professional Eyeshadow Brush and began applying the gold color all over my lid. Afterwards, I applied the brown to my crease. This is where I started going wrong...

I purposely applied a bit of brown over the gold on the outer corner of my eye because I thought it would look good but then I realized that it didn't so I tried blending it out as much as possible. Did I save the day? I don't know, you tell me.

Then I took the pink and applied it to my brow bone. The pink was way more sheer and shimmery than I thought it would look. I'm glad that it kind of looks decent in the top picture but otherwise I'm not certain if people would be able to tell that it's light pink and not some kind of white. After I was done with the triplets I applied my ELF cream eyeliner in my classic winged style and applied my two favorite mascaras - Maybelline Mega Plush and Maybelline Pumped Up. I applied my Revlon foundation to my entire face and around my eyes to clean up any stray marks I might've made with the eyeshadow.

Points for improvement: 


  • Go easy on the crease color. Crease colors are usually dark and I feel like I applied a little too much of the brown on my eyeshadow brush. 
  • Stick to matte eyeshadows. In my opinion, I wasn't made for shimmer - NOT a match made in heaven! Overall I feel like this look is just okay on me but it might have served me better if the shadows were matte. 
  • Learn crease techniques. Again with my crease color - I think that this is the biggest issue I had because applying color to the eyelid is easy enough but I think that my crease techniques must improve for an overall better look. 
There you have it - my makeup look using the I'm Getting Sunburned trio from Wet n' Wild! This was a fun way to pass the time at 11:30 at night when you're bored and have nothing to do! =) I hope to try out other makeup looks, especially from my Naked 2 palette because I bought it two years ago and have used a total of just 3 times...oops...





No comments:

Post a Comment