Sunday, September 6, 2015

BUZZING BUMBLEBEE NAILS


Do you think bumble bees are adorable from a (safe) distance? Do you want a super fun and super cartoon-y design for your nails? Do you want me to stop acting like this is an infomercial? Alright, alright, I'll get right to it - here we have my bumble bee nail art! This is a super adorable design that you can wear to impress your friends with your precision techniques (you have to get every nook and cranny of those clouds!) At the same time, this design incorporates some very basic techniques. I'm first going to start off with the fact that I used my BLUE-tiful Sally Hansen nail polish in Blue Me Away! as my background color. My steps for creating this design will probably seem a little bit odd because I usually start by describing the thumb nail, however, I didn't do that this time, but bear with me - it will all make sense! Here's what I did: 

1. Ring Finger
For the ring finger I used a dotting tool to help me draw thick clouds on my nail. I used my New York Color white nail polish to do this. Let your clouds dry completely. At this point your nail probably looks weird with two splotches of white nail polish that actually looks like white out (even worse!) so to fix that and give your clouds some definition and actually make them look like, you know, clouds I took black nail polish on a toothpick and outlined the shapes. I used a toothpick because I felt I had way more control with it and it ensured that I wouldn't make the outlines too heavy. 

2. Middle Finger 
This is the whole point of this design so don't mess up! If you do, it's all cool - "there are no mistakes in art," as said by my first grade art teacher =) So first things first, I took white nail polish and made an ovular shape in the middle of the nail. On top of that oval, I used the same white nail polish to make what looks like a stretched out half-circle. This is supposed to be the bee's wing. Make sure you create a pointy looking shape at the end for the bee's stinger! This white nail polish will help your yellow nail polish show up better against the blue background. Near the stinger, I used a dotting tool to create two small dots which will be continued on my next three nails as the beeline. Once all the white nail polish has dried you can go over it with yellow nail polish for the body of the bee. You can leave the wing white. Once the yellow dries, draw in black stripes, color in your stinger, and mark the wing. Don't forget to outline your bee for a cartoon-y and neat look! I took a bright green and went over the white dots for the beeline. 

3. Index Finger
This finger continues the beeline with just a somewhat straight line of dots. I also painted a cloud just above the beeline using the same technique I used on the Ring Finger. 

4. Thumb nail 
This thumb is all beeline! I arranged the dots in a fun loop to add a little bit more flair to it! 

5. Pinky 
Last but not least, on my pinky I painted small hearts because I thought they'd look nice with that splash of pink! 

So there you have it - fun and easy bumble bee nails! Maybe you've noticed that a good amount of my designs are animal based... Well can you blame me? Who doesn't like animals? =) 



No comments:

Post a Comment