Sunday, September 13, 2015

"NOT SO BLUE TODAY" NAILS


Had a bad day and feeling blue? Add some green! These bright nails will perk up your mood instantly! I know, I know, you're probably thinking, "green? Like puke?" but don't worry, this green is super bright and adorable! These nails are extremely easy to recreate - if you've got barely an hour to do your nails then you've got plenty of time!

The first thing I did for this design was apply a base coat. You can use your favorite for this or you can use clear nail polish to act as a barrier between your nail and the polish. Once that dried I took my Sally Hansen's Blue Me Away! and painted on two even coats. What I really like about Sally Hansen nail polishes is that they are very pigmented and very true to color so you don't need to do extra work to ensure that the color pops the way you want it to! 

Once the Sally Hansen nail polish dried I took a paint brush with a very thin tip (yes, I said paintbrush!) and dipped it into my Sinful Colors' Innocent - the super cute bright green color you see in the pictures! I used the paint brush to just paint straight lines (or semi-straight lines) along my nail. The design I was going for was to be triangular sections of color. On my index finger I started at the top of my nail and painted a somewhat diagonally straight line right down. I filled in the green areas with my green nail polish as shown. 

After I was done, I still felt like my nails needed a little extra something - just a little extra so I opted to apply tiny rhinestones to the tip of my blue triangles. I guess you could call it the point of intersection of my green lines. For this I used nail art glue from Kiss (pictured in the bottom right). This is the best nail art glue I have ever used! This glue actually came in a kit with the tubes of rhinestones in the picture. I have a third rhinestone test tube (I call them test tubes because they remind me of such) which is filled with black rhinestones - the same ones I used in my PROM NAILS which you can check out right here. 

As always, you can recreate this design using any colors you'd like! Pink and orange might be a cool combination. Yellow and blue will be twice as fun! If you were sad but did this design your mood will instantly change because of the compliments you'll get on your mani =) 




No comments:

Post a Comment