Friday, July 24, 2015

HEADBAND INSPIRED NAILS

A few days ago I was wondering how I should do my nails this time and instantly drew inspiration from my navy blue floral print Forever21 headband sitting by my hair brush. I thought it was a fun floral pattern that I could use as nail art so I just decided to go for it! The headband is a dark navy blue background with blue and pink flowers connected by various stems. There are even a few tiny yellow sunflower-type flowers in a few spots. Here's what I did to my nails: 
Super cute, if I do say so myself! =) I seriously couldn't stop looking at my nails once I had finished them! A few weeks ago I had actually thrown out the one bottle of navy blue nail polish I had ever owned so I had none to do this design (just when I needed it the most!) However, I had my bottle of Sally Hansen's Blue Me Away! so I mixed a pool of that with about half a teaspoon of black nail polish. I didn't actually measure how much black nail polish I used but I'm just trying to give you an idea of how I ended up with this shade of blue. I didn't want it to be super dark so I just stopped there and applied it to my nails. TBH, at first when I applied it, the color didn't seem to match the headband but I settled for it anyway. 

After my nails dried I took a nail art brush, dipped it in white nail polish, and started painting on all the flowers and their leaves and stems. Believe me, it DID NOT look anything like the headband at this point but just keep going! Like the other designs, the white nail polish helps to bring out the colors of the flowers. 

After the white nail polish dried completely I went over it with pinks, blues, and greens. The pink I used was Sally Hansen's Fuscia Power, The blue I used was from Kiss and is called Soft Blue while the green stems and leaves are a combination of Mint Apple and Innocent from Sinful Colors. I didn't mix the two together but rather I painted with Mint Apple first then used Innocent to highlight a few sides. If you look closely you might be able to see subtle splashes of yellow and white on the flowers. All I did was dip the brush in the white and yellow nail polishes separately and after wiping off the excess, very lightly stippled in the colors on some parts. The headband also had these colors and the Yellow I used is called Yellow from Kiss. 

For my accent nail I just used the black nail polish as a black background and made green dots on one side of the nail, nothing too fancy! I finished off everything with a top coat. 

Well, there you go! My headband inspired nails for the week! These are super cool and look very detailed but they are SO easy to create! Really cool for a summer or spring day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment