Friday, July 17, 2015

PANDA NAILS
What's black, white, and green all over? My panda nails, of course! In this picture you'll see that the background is green but my very first time doing this design (which was probably when I was a sophomore in high school) I did a sky blue background which felt so calm and cool. This bright green color feels electric! 

You can see that for my accent nail (my ring finger) I chose to do orange with black polka dots. I tend to have an accent nail fairly often when I do my nails - it sets it aside from all the other nails and makes your hand look a little more interesting. 

The brand of nail polish I used for this design was mostly sinful colors. The best way I can describe sinful colors is like the cheaper version of china glaze. You can buy sinful colors nail polish at any store that sells drugstore makeup (I got mine from Walgreens) and it retails for $1.99 and has some really pretty colors! The green shade I used is called Innocent, the black is Blackout, and as for the white nail polish I just used one from New York Color ($0.99) because I almost never wear white nail polish on my entire nail and lately I haven't been using white nail polish at all so I didn't want to waste a lot buying from a higher quality brand like Essie or O.P.I. Plus, I feel like white is such a basic color that every single brand of nail polish has in its collection so you can find it literally 
anywhere. 

Quick story about me and white nail polish: once in middle school I wore white nail polish since among girls it was becoming a trend and on the yellow school bus one of the guys asked me why I was wearing white-out on my nails -____________- are you for real? I pretty much got asked why I was wearing white-out for the rest of the week until I removed the nail polish for another design. 

Btw, I forgot what color the orange nail polish was but I believe the brand I used was Wet n Wild. 
These are definitely fun nails to try out and they are very easy to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment