Monday, July 20, 2015

TRESEMME COLOR REVITALIZE SHAMPOO + CONDITIONER REVIEW

Image obtained from www.tresemme,sa
You may not know this about me but I dye my hair...A LOT. Since high school I've experimented a little with my hair color but when I started college I actually decided to buy a shampoo and conditioner combo that was meant for color treated hair. Shampoos specified for color treated hair do not contain harsh sulfates that can fade the color. For college I died my hair this pretty shade of auburn with a blond streak on the right sight. My hair color was super pretty and I wanted to make sure it stayed bright and lively! 

I bought Tresemme because I've used their products before and they are extremely affordable, usually work well, and smell BEAUTIFUL! If you are in search of a shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair then read on to find out my thoughts on this product: 

PROS:
  • Smells heavenly: It's no secret that Tresemme products have an angelic smell! The smell remains in my hair for hours after my hair dries and even after I straighten it! You gotta love a nice smelling product! 
  • Affordable: I believe I paid somewhere around $6.99-$7.99 for a bottle of the shampoo and conditioner which lasted me around five months each. I have thick hair that falls to my mid-back and since I have naturally extremely curly hair I wash my hair once a week. 
  • Conditioner leaves hair feeling soft and looking shiny: Absolute plus!!!! The conditioner (white bottle) left my locks soft and shiny looking! This is a great attribute because you want your hair to have a healthy texture, not a dry, crunchy texture! This is very important for color treated hair because due to the chemicals we use in our hair ending up with weak, brittle hair is not uncommon. 
  • Hair color looked brighter with almost every wash: The shampoo promises to protect color for up to 8 weeks and I feel like it definitely delivered on that promise! It seemed to make my hair color a little brighter than before when I'd use it. My friends would ask me if I had re-dyed my hair!! I'm so serious! I really love that about this duo! 
CONS:
  • Shampoo makes hair feel dry and stringy: For some reason my only problem was with the shampoo because it usually left my hair feeling kind of dry and stringy. To counter that I started lathering the roots and using less on my ends but once I applied conditioner and rinsed out my hair was right back to a soft and silky texture! 
I hope you guys found this review useful enough to consider the Tresemme Color Revitalize line as your next shampoo if you have color treated hair =) However, I will most likely be on the market for a new shampoo and conditioner dynamic duo because I want to dye part of my hair silvery/platinum for the new semester and I may need to find a pair specifically for toned hair. If this is the case I'll find something, use it, and review it for you guys =) If anyone has any recommendations for treating silver hair please let me know =) 




No comments:

Post a Comment