Friday, July 17, 2015

REVLON COLORSTAY FOUNDATION
Image obtaind from DealsDirect.au

This is my first ever review of a product!! I'm reviewing the Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily skin in the color 360 Golden Caramel. First, let me tell you a little bit about my foundation history: I have used many, many, many brands of foundation because I have some facial imperfections that I try to mask and because of this I'm very picky with my foundation...I was on the hunt for a foundation that had medium coverage, was affordable, and actually fit my skintone because the funny thing about my skintone is that I have light skin but yellow undertones so a lot of times in the past when I bought a foundation that I thought would fit me perfectly it actually looked ashen on my skin because it was meant for skin with pink undertones. It took me a WHILE to learn that too! Imagine how much money I must've wasted buying foundation I thought worked for me. 
I have used foundation from brands like Maybelline, Covergirl, Wet n Wild, L.A. Girl, New York Color, AVON, Mary Kay, and some other collections from Revlon, just to name a few so my experimentation with foundation is expansive. I came across Revlon's Colorstay collection and FINALLY found makeup that matched my skintone really really well!! *yeeees* So my foundation history aside, let's get into a product review...

PROS: 
  • Matched my skintone VERY well: I think I said enough about this and the next one. 
  • Medium coverage (also buildable)
  • Fair price for the quality ($14.99 at most stores): Because I buy foundation maybe every month and a half I don't want to buy foundation that costs like $30. This has quality of high end products for more of a drugstore price which makes it a great steal! 
  • Simple packaging: Nothing complicated about twisting a bottle cap! 
  • Options for Combination/Oily skin and Normal/Dry skin: Sometimes makeup can make your face oilier if you already have oily skin (like me!) and then you're basically walking around school with a grease pan for a face *boo* On the other hand if you have dry skin your foundation could end up drying your face out even more! It's great that this brand has a line for Normal/Dry skin and Combination/Oily skin within the same collection so you can make sure that you always use the right kind of foundation on your face! 
  • Doesn't make my face shiny/oily: like I said, I use the line meant for Combination/Oily skin and it definitely keeps its promise! Even when I sweat from working out you can't see it in my face! 
  • It hardly transfers: This foundation, as part of the packaging, is a 24Hr foundation so that the formula won't "rub-off." This is pretty true since I sometimes touch my face a lot subconsciously - I'll lean with my hands against my face and stuff like that - and the makeup doesn't come off. Even when trying to rub it off with a paper towel YOU DO NOT COME CLOSE TO GETTING ALL OF IT OFF YOUR FACE. I'll even admit to accidentally falling asleep with the makeup still on in my college dorm and when I woke up the foundation was more or less still in tact. 
CONS: 
  • It hardly transfers: This point is bittersweet because although the intact formula is good if you need makeup that stays "fresh" for several hours straight it can take a really long time to completely remove all traces of it from your face which can be annoying...
  • Can be streaky: If you're not careful this foundation can leave streaks on your face but that's pretty much every foundation...
All points considered this is definitely my go-to foundation that I still use to this day! In my opinion nothing beats it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment