Friday, July 17, 2015

MAYBELLINE MEGAPLUSH MASCARA
Image obtained from beautezine.com

So I've used quite a few mascaras during the time that I was on the hunt for the mascara that best suits me and a lot of them fell short of my expectations. The thing is that my eyelashes are naturally very long and curled which actually made it difficult for me to be satisfied with most mascaras because sometimes my eyelashes would end up touching my skin because the mascara promised length (I learned that length wasn't what I should go for!) My biggest mascara problem, however, was that it made my eyelashes look like "spider legs" because they were so long and the mascara would clump them together *shudders* Def not the look I was going for. 

I decided to give Maybelline brand mascaras a shot and ended up choosing MegaPlush (the non waterproof formula). I really don't like wearing waterproof mascaras because I find that they make your eyelashes extremely hard and crunchy and it just isn't a pleasant feel. We probably all like to think that there's a mascara out there that makes our eyelashes soft and fluttery and feel like a butterfly's wings <3 In my opinion this mascara comes close! 

PROS: 
  • Provided extra length without providing drastic length: Like I said, I already have naturally long eyelashes so length wasn't necessary for me but this mascara did put on just enough to make my eyes pop more!
  • Very pigmented: This was the main thing I was looking for in a mascara - I wanted something that was very pigmented because I like the look of really dark eyelashes. This mascara definitely delivers that! 
  • As close as you can get to eyelashes that feel like a butterfly's wings: Maybe it's the gel-mousse formula of this mascara? It does make my eyelashes feel softer compared to other mascaras which is a plus. I guess they don't call it MegaPlush for nothing! 
  • Super cute packaging: I think aesthetics plays a decent sized role in the consumption of a product. I really like going after products that have cute, brightly-colored, crazy, fun designs and packaging and the colors on this tube really catches my eye! I know, I know, people don't buy mascara for the pretty colors but it is kinda nice. 
  • No flaking: This mascara is always there for you! In the two and a half years that I've used this mascara I have NEVER experienced flaking of any kind which is a really good thing because it can be pretty annoying to have black specs fall on your cheeks, then you unknowingly swipe at your face, then you have a smudge of black makeup across your cheek, then you walk around campus the entire day looking like that and no one tells you anything and you finally realize it it when you go for a bathroom break and look in the mirror...that sound like you? 
  • Good for the price: I think I paid around $7.99 for this product but depending on where you buy it you can probably score it for $6.99 but rarely have I seen this being sold for more than $7.99. It is a very affordable mascara - maybelline in general is a very affordable brand.
CONS:
  • Takes a while to remove from eyelashes: I'm not really sure why seeing as I don't purchase the waterproof formula but I often find that I get tired of attempting to remove all the product form my eyelashes. After a few days of not wearing mascara it comes off eventually...
Well, I don't have many cons at all because this is a great mascara! I haven't even dared to try the high end mascaras like MAC or Urban Decay because I am in love with this one so much!!!! <3 A few other things I'd like to mention about this mascara are that 1. the wand kind of flexes a little bit to probably coat you eyelashes from any angle but I haven't really tried testing this because I just didn't need to. Kind of seems like an unnecessary feature. 2. I usually apply just one coat of mascara but I'd say anyone could cap it at two coats because this mascara does a great job! So it can give some added length, can give you pigment, doesn't give you flakes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment