Friday, July 17, 2015

NEUTROGENA MAKEUP REMOVER CLEANSING TOWELETTES
Image obtained from Amazon.com

When I started college I felt I really needed a good package of makeup remover wipes to wipe off foundation, eyeliner, and mascara. Grabbing a makeup wipe was quicker for me than going to the bathroom and washing it all off with face wash - remember, my foundation is like heavy duty and built to not budge so mustering up the energy and the patience to wash my face in a college dorm bathroom was...tedious. As a solution I started buying makeup remover wipes to remove the makeup then I'd just wash my bare face with my face wash which was way easier than trying to remove all the makeup without a wipe first. 

The first brand of makeup remover wipes that I tried was Burt's Bees Grapefruit and I liked it a lot because it smelled very pleasant, contained 30 pre-moistened towelettes, and removed most of my makeup. What I did not like about it was that I was paying $9.99 for wet mini towels to wipe my face at night. I was pretty much looking for a cheaper product when I tried out the Neutrogena wipes mentioned above. I bought a small package that contained 7 wipes first to see how I'd like it and I loved it!!!! Here's why: 

PROS: 

  • Removes your makeup with one towelette: This is major for me because once you read my review of the Revlon Colorstay foundation you'll learn that I use very heavy duty foundation that doesn't come off for anything but THIS TAKES IT OFF VERY WELL!! Same with removing my eyeliner!! It comes of with just a few rubs! Performs better than Burt's Bees!! 
  • Nice smell: There is no obnoxious smell on this product. There is somewhat of a fragrance which may be a problem for some people with very sensitive skin, however, this did not irritate my skin at all. 
  • Good for the price: I pay about $7.99 for a pack of 25 pre-moistened towelettes and even though I get 5 fewer units than if I got the Burt's Bees wipes, Neutrogena performs better than Burt's Bees. I don't know what kind of formula Neutrogena uses but it works really well! 
CONS: 

  • Can dry out: This goes for pretty much all pe-moistened towelette packages - they dry out! It's just their thing! 
  • Haven't found a fragrance-free package: This can be bad for people with very sensitive skin. Like I said, this did not personally affect me but I'm listing it as a CON as just a warning to those of you whom it could affect. 
  • Doesn't really remove my mascara: As you'll see down below I use the Maybelline MegaPlush Mascara but I don't use the waterproof formula ever yet this towelette doesn't completely remove my mascara...It can power through my foundation and eyeliner (which are 24Hr) but I find it odd that it doesn't get out all of my mascara. What it can do is it'll take out some of the pigment but not all. Is there a makeup remover wipe that can completely take off your mascara? Let me know in the comments or email me! 
I will definitely repurchase these wipes because they are very convenient for me to have around, a little cheaper than some brands, and really gets the job done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment