Friday, July 17, 2015

RHINESTONE PROM NAILS 
Hair appointments, trying on dresses to find the perfect one, making sure your dress is so unique that no one else you know will be wearing it, flipping through makeup tutorials on YouTube to find a look that suits you - does that ring a bell? If it's prom season for you and you totally forgot to make an appointment for your nails (or if you're like me and decided to do your nails yourself) then here's an elegant but simple design that you can do yourself the day before prom, on your own time, in the comfort of your home! 
I did these for my high school prom and got lots of compliments on them! People were surprised that I did them myself! My prom dress was beige with black lace so these nails matched perfectly without overkill. The color nail polish I used is from sinful colors and it's called Social Ladder. I bought these rhinestones in a pack from Walgreens in the nail care section. I've always loved putting cool rhinestones and things of the nature on my nails but before I discovered nail glue I always tried binding the rhinestones to my nail with clear nail polish and then sealing it with more clear nail polish. With this my nails looked fantastic...for about a day then one by one the details I put on fell off because clear nail polish just doesn't cut it for this kind of thing. Luckily I had bought a kit from Kiss New York that included nail polish glue special for this. The Sally Hansen Nail Rhinestone kit I used for these nails didn't include the glue but the rhinestones came in gold, black, and clear. 

Social Ladder is a pretty sheer polish. It took me three coats to get it to the opaqueness shown in the picture. If you are pursuing this design for your own prom or for another special event I highly suggest you put on Social Ladder (or whatever color you are using) the day BEFORE your event because with hair, makeup, and last minute arrangements you don't even want waiting for your nails to dry to be on your mind! 

Get creative with your colors and arrangement of your rhinestones! Once these dry just put on a bit of top coat and you'll have a mani that lasts weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment