Monday, July 20, 2015

CANDYLAND NAILS

These nails look good enough to eat, if I do say so myself! These Candyland nails are bright and fun and really easy to do, despite each nail having a different design! I really wanted to try out a candy themed design because, well, I was just feelin' it! =) In case you're feelin' it too I'm breaking down the design for your right here! 

Thumb: On my thumb I wanted to do a jelly bean design so I used a white nail polish (nothing special) from New York Color as my background color. Once it dried I took orange, blue, red, and green nail polish colors and using a dotting tool created the curved shape of the jelly beans. The blue is from Sally Hansen and is called Blue Me Away! The red is from New York Color and is called Columbus Circle Crimson. This shade is from the quick dry line of New York Color and it is a beautiful shiny red that I love so much! The fun bright green is Sinful Color's Innocent, yet another polish I'm in love with! The electric color pops against any background! The orange I used is from Sally Hansen's Miracle Gel line and is called Electra-cute, a super CUTE name! After these colors dried I took the same white nail polish and made a small swipe on one side of each bean to give it the appearance of a glossy shine! 

Index Finger: On this finger I went with a peppermint candy design. Using the same white color from NYC  I painted a background then once dry I took the same red nail polish I used for a jelly bean and created pinwheel looking striped starting from the center of the nail. When the nail was dry I used this nail art glue from Kiss to place a simple rhinestone in the middle. This glue is seriously budge-proof! I slept with all these rhinestones and glue-ons on my nails and they didn't move an inch! Seriously amazing stuff!!!!

Middle Finger: You can kind of see that on this nail I did a pink to purple ombre as a background. When doing any ombre nail you yield the best result when you paint a white background, which is what I did. I took a makeup sponge and sponged on these colors from top to bottom: Wet n Wild's Tickled Pink, New York Color's Preppy Pink, and Essie's Full Steam Ahead (In <3 with this color so much it's not even funny!!) Once dry I used a very shear light purple glitter polish to coat the nail before I applied dots of nail art glue to stick in place the lollipop and pink stone. Voila! 

Ring Finger: This finger ended up as one of the cutest in my opinion! For this I used NYC's Preppy Pink as the background color and once dry I used the white nail polish to paint stripes. If I want to add somewhat lighter colors to a background of a darker shade this is an easy way to do so. The white will help bring out the lighter color more. When the white dried I used the color Yellow from Kiss Brush On Nail Art Paint. Then I glued on a super cute cupcake and a green star! <3 <3 <3 SUPER CUTE! =) 

Pinky: This nail is super easy and would even look good as the only design on all five nails! I just used my Sinful Colors Blackout as a background color. I made small lines using the white nail polish to bring out the rest of the colors I used. To fill in my sprinkles I picked blue, green, yellow, and orange. A super cute sprinkle pattern! 

These are some super fun nails I definitely recommend giving a shot. Vary the designs! Try out skittles or m&m designs! I think chocolate nails would be super cool, too, and yummy looking! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment