Friday, July 17, 2015

MAYBELLINE LASTING DRAMA GEL EYELINER 
Image obtained from Pinterest.com

I absolutely love gel eyeliner so much! When I first started wearing eyeliner I tried the regular eyeliner pencil in black, like most people do, and it didn't work out well at all for me! I found that my eyelids tend to be oily because the rest of my skin is oily so it was almost as though the eyeliner "melted" off my eyelids and got around my eyes. It just smudged way too easily and didn't look good at all! The first gel eyeliner I ever used was a drugstore brand, Wet n Wild, and it was fantastic!! I bought it for about $3.49 which is extremely cheap and there was alot of product in the pot in my opinion because I found that even though I wore it to school every single day for the entire school year (10 months) I still had some leftover product even after the school year ended! The fomrula was extremely pigmented (I got the darkest shade of black they had) and super creamy and actually stayed on my eyelid! I'd also line my waterline with it for a really dark look and it never irritated my eye (unless, of course, I actually got the product into my eyeball!!) This was pretty much my go-to eyeliner! 

Then one day I ran out and went to my local Walgreens to buy more and THERE WAS NONE IN STOCK!!! I ended up reverting back to eyeliner pencil until I could get Wet n Wild back. Unfortuantely for me I never found it again =( so I had to look for a new brand of gel eyeliner and found reviews of the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner and since they were mostly really good reviews I decided to give it a go and I quickly and easily realized that I had found a replacement for my beloved Wet n Wild eyeliner. 

PROS: 

  • Very pigmented: I too much love a good pigmented eyeliner. I always purchase the darkest shade available!
  • Lasts all day: It's great to be using an eyeliner that doesn't melt off my eyelids after an hour and a half! The packaging says that it is a 24Hr eyeliner and I can definitely say that it lives up to your expectations. I have actually fallen asleep with this eyeliner still on and woken up with it still intact on my eyelids! I kid you not! 
  • The price is very good for the quality and quantity of product: Like the Wet n Wild eyeliner, this Maybelline eyeliner lasts me over 10 months for a small pot of product. The price is around $6.99 and the pacage comes with an eyeliner brush to apply the product. 
CONS: 

  • The brush provided isn't the best: The eyeliner brush provided is like a small nub of soft bristles. It isn't my favorite kind of brushi to use because I feel like I have more control using a stiffer angled eyeliner brush, however, the Maybelline brush is good for getting into the inner corners of your eyes if you need to because it's so small. It depends on your personal preference, though. 
  • Can dry up if you leave it unopened or don't close it properly: This is one small setback that really doesn't happen often as long as you remember to twist the cover back on top of the pot when you're done. Do this and dry eyeliner will never be a problem for you! 
I definitely recommend and will continue using the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner! I'm so fixed on this product that I won't use any other brand of gel eyeliner! This is definitely and probably will forever be my #1 eyeliner. Also, the shade I buy this eyeliner in is called Blackest Black. If you're looking for a new eyeliner I definitely recommend you pick this up and give it a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment