Monday, July 20, 2015

HOW TO SURVIVE ZUMBA CLASS

WHOO! I love zumba class! First semester of college I got the chance to join a Zumba Toning class and I went for it! So much fun! Awesome music and moves! Such a great workout! I guess I'm a fan of exercise in general but especially zumba! For people who are unsure of joining a zumba class or don't really find these classes fun, I share with you 5 tips on HOW TO SURVIVE ZUMBA CLASS!!!! <3 <3 <3 

  1. GRAB A BUDDY! Everything's better with a friend! Bring one to your zumba class and you guys will have fun together! If you don't have a friend to go with then go to the class alone and make friends. When I joined my first zumba class my friends wanted nothing to do with zumba so I went by myself. My first day there I started randomly talking to a girl and now she's actually one of my closest friends! We went to the zumba class together every single week! It was so fun to have a friend to move to the beat with! 
  2. MOVE TO THE MUSIC! Let loose! If you're too busy worrying about how you look while you dance or who's watching you dance you won't have much fun! Go wild and dance to the beat! I highly doubt that it's possible to overdo zumba! Really getting into the music and the moves not only helps you have more fun but you'll really work up a sweat and do great things for your body! 
  3. HAVE A GOOD MEAL BEFOREHAND! Once I invited another new friend to zumba and although she was psyched to join she spent most of the class sitting out in the bathroom due to an upset stomach because she didn't eat breakfast beforehand =( Have a balanced meal - it'll give you the fuel you'll need to keep up with zumba so you can power through the entire class! 
  4. WEAR COMFY SHOES! The first few zumba classes I went to my feet were killing me and it really took away from the experience! The discomfort made me just want to stop for a bit to shake it off even though the songs had infectious beats. The shoes I wore just weren't right for my feet, since I am flat-footed. After the first couple of classes I switched shoes and had a much better experience! Wear sneakers that really support your feet and that you can move continuously in for at least an hour. 
  5. KEEP GOING BACK FOR MORE! Don't get discouraged if you can't get the hang of the moves the first class! Some routines can move really quickly and you may find yourself fumbling around at first, which really isn't fun. Keep going to the classes regularly because practice makes perfect and once you've got all the routines down, you won't wanna stop dancing! 
I hope these tips inspired you to try out a zumba class or any other fitness class you might be interested in! Put your heart to it and you'll have a fantastic time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment