Tuesday, August 11, 2015

6 USEFUL THINGS THAT YOU WILL VERY LIKELY FORGET TO BRING TO COLLEGE WITH YOU!!


I know I definitely forgot a thing or two! 


Packing for college can be crazy hectic - there's so much you need to bring with you! Clothes, shoes, school supplies, and shampoo just scratch the surface! I've created a list of a few very useful things that some people end up forgetting at home, miles away, when they first move into college. Be warned - I will not tell you about flip-flops, and high heels because in my opinion, those just aren't super necessary and for the record, I took like three pairs of ankle booties with 3-inch heels to college with me during my freshman year and wore ONE pair ONE time! 
  1. AN UMBRELLA: This is an essential that, believe it or not, some people forget to bring with them when they initially move in! Rainy weather will really be your worst enemy if you don't have an umbrella! You'd probably have to make a mad dash to class or pray that the rain clears up whenever you have to leave a building! The area my college is located in is known for heavy downpours so I was extremely glad I remembered an umbrella, though I can't say the same for one of my old roommates! 
  2. COMMAND HOOKS OR OTHER COMMAND PRODUCTS: These are super useful tools that I would never want to forget at home! In college you aren't allowed to damage the walls by hammering in nails so using command products that you just stick to the wall is a great alternative! During my freshman year, I put two command hooks on the back of my dorm door so that my roommates and I could have a place to hang up our towels. You can also use command tape or other brands of mounting tape to mount things that you don't want to clutter your desk, such as a calendar! 
  3. DISH SOAP: Maybe you're a baker and will constantly use your building's kitchen to bake cookies and cupcakes - I sure did! Dish soap will help you get out all that food gunk from your bowls and spoons and things. Even if you don't bake, lots of people bring silverware from home if they want to enjoy cereal for breakfast straight out of their room, so dish soap is something to have so that you can properly clean your dishes! 
  4. INTERVIEW CLOTHES: I am definitely guilty of forgetting this one and almost instantly regretted it! When you go for interviews for jobs and positions on campus, you need to present yourself in a respectable and professional manner - jeans and a leather jacket most definitely will not cut it! Some people will definitely overlook this one and scramble to find a last minute interview outfit (like I did!) Plan to bring a blazer, a button down, plain black leggings (if you're not a fan of dress pants or skirts) and a comfortable pair of flats. If you like skirts and dresses then make sure you pack a simple and professional piece! 
  5. A SURGE PROTECTOR: A surge protector seriously saved me during my first semester. I was tripled and there weren't enough outlets in that room for three people! We each had a minimum of two devices we needed to plug in to charge, not to mention blow dryers, straighteners, and such! A surge protector easily let us double the number of outlets in the room! It was extremely useful, too, because I was the only one of my roommates who actually remembered to bring one! 
  6. ENOUGH PAIRS OF UNDIES: Once again, I am super guilty of forgetting this! Like, I brought tons of pairs of undies but apparently I didn't bring enough! There were a handful of times when I was getting towards the end of the week and my supply of underwear was dwindling and I knew I had a lot but it seemed like some mysteriously disappeared! Please pack more than enough underwear. Whatever amount you think you need, add like five to it or maybe even ten! 
So that's that for my list of 6 things that people will forget to bring to college to them! Obviously, it happens, so you can't beat yourself up about it - you'll just learn from your mistakes! What things have you forgotten your freshman year at college? 

No comments:

Post a Comment