Tuesday, August 11, 2015

TESTING: NYX LIPSTICK IN "HESTIA"



I had been looking for a pretty, dark almost wine colored lipstick for a few weeks now. I used to have the Jordana lipstick in Country Wine which was beautiful, moisturizing, and did I mention beautiful? I threw it out, though, because it was my mom's and she's had it for years upon years and I took it from her, used it a few times then realized she's probably had since I was in middle school and figured prolonged use wouldn't be good for my lips so I tossed it ^^ 

I was looking for a replacement lippie for myself and I've used NYX lip creams in the past but didn't really want a matte finish so I went to the store and picked up Hestia. This line of NYX lipsticks are named after things from Greek Mythology. The color I was originally looking for was called Siren which had a bit of violet to it that I was in love with but since I couldn't find it, I decided to take a chance on Hestia and was glad I did!! 

The lipstick is creamy and has a beautiful but not overdone shine to it so your lips look hydrated! Unfortunately, in the picture I took (shown above) you cannot see the actual color payoff because of the lighting. I tried taking the picture form multiple angles but this was the best I could take but, if it helps, IT IS TRUE TO THE COLOR SHOWN ON THE PACKAGING. This being said, if you're shopping around for a deep wine colored red, the Hestia you see on the packaging is exactly how it looks when you apply two nice coats. 

I am really happy with the way this lipstick looks, especially against my skin! Give this a shot for sure, and if you aren't into this shade of red, try other lipsticks from NYX. Before I forget to mention, I got this from a Beauty Supply store for only $4.99! =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment