Tuesday, August 11, 2015

MY NEW NAIL POLISH STAPLE - BYE BYE BLACK NAIL POLISH



So I went to my local Walgreens yesterday for a few things and, of course, I gravitated towards the nail polish and care aisle. This time, however, there weren't too many colors that impressed me because I already had similar shades from a different brand or I just couldn't see myself using the color. Then, I spotted this gorgeous gold from Sinful Colors and snatched it up! Of course, I used it as quickly as I could, applying two coats, and here's what I had to say about it:

PROS:

  • True to color: With some cheap nail polishes you tend to have a problem with the color pay off - it's often not true to the color you see in the bottle, however, this gold nail polish is perfection
  • Gorgeous metallic: This has a gorgeous metallic sheen to it that is not overdone at all! I don't really like completely matte nail polishes but I don't tend to choose shimmery type ones either but I have never seen a more gorgeous metallic finish! 
  • Great for the price: Sinful Colors nail polishes are $1.99 which definitely in no way breaks the bank! I was super happy I snagged the last gold nail polish! 
CONS: 

  • Took longer to dry: For some strange reason, the second coat took longer to dry than the first one did. Maybe I subconsciously applied a thicker coat the second time? This seems likely but overall, the polish still took longer to dry than most of Sinful Colors' other colors. 
When I finish this bottle I will definitely high tail it back to the store for more! I've definitely found my nail polish staple! I'm a huge fan of black nail polish but I'd say this beats it! Just in time, too because I'm going away for college again and didn't want to bring a ton of nail polish with me like I did last year so this will without a doubt be included in my tiny college nail polish collection! 

The name of the color is called Gold Medal and is perfect for when you just need nice looking nails but nothing too fancy for class or a casual day. At the same time, I feel this is showy enough to wear at an event such as prom or a party! Seriously, this color is, like, Goddess status! 

No comments:

Post a Comment