Tuesday, August 11, 2015

CONVERSE NAILS


Wow, I am just now getting around to posting this! Anyway, I did these converse nails maybe a week ago! I am definitely a converse kind of girl and these nails are just super colorful and super easy to do! Even though I used a different color on each nail, the technique is the same: Apply two coats of whatever color or colors of nail polish you'd like the canvas of the "sneaker" to be - or use as many coats of nail polish as it takes to get the opaqueness you're looking for! On my middle finger I used my Sally Hansen Gel nail polish in Electra-cute

Once that dries, take a stripper brush dipped in white nail polish and create a line about one third of the way from the tip of your nail. Fill in from there down with the white nail polish. This is the toe of the sneaker. I just used a plain, simple white nail polish from New York Color. Take a dotting tool or whatever you use to make dots on your nails and make two dots on each side of the canvas. These will shape up to be your shoelace holes but we aren't done with them yet! 

Take a very thin brush and dip it into the white nail polish. Make zig-zag lines to connect the dots you made as though they were real shoelaces. Once everything has dried, make small black dots over, but not covering, the white dots you made. Now they really look like shoe lace holes! Take the black nail polish and finish off the toe of your sneakers by making a simple, curved black line. 

There you have it - super simple and cute converse nails! I always get tons of wows when I do this design! I realized after taking the picture that I didn't even do the classic, and my favorite, black converse! If I had remembered I probably would've swapped out the pink for the black! You can change it up anyhow you'd like. Use some colors from the rainbow or maybe paint all your nails one canvas color! 

No comments:

Post a Comment